Saturday, January 1, 2011

Letter to myself

Hopefully, when I look back on this post next year, it will be a reminder of how much I've changed and grown (hopefully not in girth!).  
Dear Mrs. Henderson, 

Another stroke of midnight and you are still standing. Yes, you welcomed 2010 confident that this was your year. That this was the year you would see the face of your firstborn child. That this was the year that life would radically change and it has, just not in all of the ways that you had planned!
Yes, you started 2010 telling your husband that this was it...this was the year. While 2010 didn't bring you a child, it still brought you so much life. It was another year to fall more deeply in love with your husband, another year to fall more deeply in love with your Lord, another year of watching your extended family grow and falling more deeply in love with them. Yes, this was your year, in more ways then one. 

You have lived through situations that you swore would kill you and you have come out stronger. 
Here's to 2011. May this be your year- in whatever way God sees fit.
May you live more fully, laugh more freely, and love with all you have.  
God has a plan for you- trust in it.


2 comments:

  1. CAN I just cut and paste this on to my blog!!! I mean...you hit the nail on the head!!! AMEN AMEN AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Also, I love your picture on your sidebar. :) You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete