It is rare in nature to find metals in their purest form. Gold, copper, iron- these metals all have to go through some sort of refining process to bring them to their valuable state. Refining is a process by which everything else is removed and only the pure metal remains.
I can’t help but relate that to my life right now. I know scripture promises that God wants us purified, not destroyed. I am trying to remain hopeful that this method of purification won’t last forever. That a few years (or hopefully months? Please God!) from now, I will look back on this time and realize that it made me who God wanted me to be.
Do I wish that my method of purification was different right now? Maybe that my fire was that of crying children, piles of laundry, sleepless nights? Yes. But, that is not the way it is right now. Instead, this is where God has me. This is where he is making me the valuable being that He wants me to be.
So, for now, I embrace it. Or at least try to.

I am so with you on that. I'm done with the purification!!!!
ReplyDelete