Well, were to begin? The last week has been crazy, but that is how we roll here at La Casa de Henderson.
-1-
Our Christmas mission was such an incredible experience. It was such an amazing way to really get our hearts and minds prepared for the real focus of Christmas.
I was part of a home ministry team that went around to different homes to deliver meals, some simple Christmas gifts and, most importantly, prayers and love. We visited with everyone, from a lonely elderly couple to a man who was confined to one spot (literally, his house was is such disarray he couldn't get around) of his home. We were able to spend time just listening to them and bringing them a little glimmer of hope. The highlight of the trip for me was being able to serve the wheelchair-bound man by cleaning his trailer. We were able to get the house in good enough shape for him to wheel to the kitchen and bathroom and we even found a pair of his glasses for him. He hadn't been able to find them in three years, so he was excited about those!
Mr. Henderson spent time working on installing a new roof on a trailer for a man who was out of work. He was given the trailer as a gift, but it had been abandoned for quite a while and was in need of a LOT of work. His team installed a new roof, new windows, a new hot water heater, new plumbing, and a new porch- all in two days!
We are so excited to make this an annual family tradition for us, and hopefully one day we will be adding our own little ones to the work crew.
-2-
Christmas in the Henderson home was awesome. Never a dull moment around here! Mr. Henderson led music at the 6pm Christmas Eve mass, so we had a relatively quiet Christmas eve night. I spent the rest of the evening finishing all my crazy sewing projects. Here are a few of them:
| Pillowcases for a few of the nephews |
| Quilted coasters for friends |
| Pillowcase dresses for the little ladies and new stockings for us. |
-3-
Christmas Day was not quite as quiet for us. We had family events from 10am to 11pm! It was a hectic and long day, but in the end family is always worth it. Here is a glimpse into my wild and wonderful family...
| They even joined us on Sky.pe! |
| The baby of our family...how we love him |
| The annual family talent show |
-4-
This past week, my brother and his bride welcomed their first child, a son, into the world. I am so very happy for the new family. Baby M is lucky to have such incredible parents! I hate that they are on the other side of the country, but Sky.pe makes the world go round. It is better than nothing! I mean, how cute is he?
![]() | ||||
| Welcome, Baby Nugget. The world is so happy you are here! |
-5-
And just to make this past week just a little more exciting, we got some unexpected news yesterday. I am going to have to have surgery this coming Wednesday.
I went in yesterday to have what they thought was a blood clot in my uterus removed. It ends up that it is a growth of some sort. They really can't be sure of what it is until it is out and sent to pathology. While surgery is never something to look forward to, Mr. H and I are trying to be positive about it.
This growth is attached to my uterine wall right at the cervix and now fills the entire uterine cavity, so conception won't happen with that in there. The Dr. is almost positive it is a polyp of some sort, but we won't know for sure until we get the pathology reports back. He is optimistic about conception still, so we are clinging to that hope.
It is actually kind of funny. This surgery (well, the deductible) is our Christmas present to each other. We had been saving all year for a nice, new laptop (that we were supposed to go and buy after yesterday's appointment), but I will have surgery instead. If this is what it takes to build our little family, then it will be worth it! Maybe this will be the best Christmas present ever- a laptop can wait!
So, if you think of it, please say a little prayer for me on Wednesday (prayer buddy, if you are out there- would you mind sending a few more my way?).
-6-
I am not going to come up with a huge list of resolutions for this new year. Just one prayer.
My prayer is that I can embrace this chapter of our life, as awful as it may seem, and trust that God is about something big. My prayer is that infertility will not continue to break my heart, but that my heart will be filled with joy once again.
I want a joyful, peaceful heart back...this heart, that has not been broken and beat down by infertility...
![]() |
| The happiest day of my life |
Jesus, I trust in you.
Happy New Year to you all!



I will pray for you this Wednesday! I hope all goes well. I am having surgery to remove endo on January 11th and am really scared. Some prayers for peace would be appreciate!
ReplyDelete#6 - I love this one and hope to make this an intention of mine this upcomining year as well. I will pray for you and the surgery! I love those pillocases - they are so cute! Do you have an embroidery maching?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I meant "machine"...LOL!
ReplyDeleteI do! You know us southern girls LOVE our monograms!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you have any requests!
I SO wish I had your talent!! You are SO talented! Love, love LOVE all the Christmas gifts, and love YOU more!!! Prayers coming in bulk!!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying too!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I will pray for you and the surgery!! God bless you!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Jo. I love you.
ReplyDeleteUm-your blog is amazing! How am I just now finding it? I'm so glad you finally commented on mine (and thank you for the prayers!) so that I can add you to my list and read everything you write from here on out. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd you're in the south?? Where? Email me!
ReplyDelete