Thank you for all of your kind words. It feels so freeing to have a place to share what is going on in my heart and in my head. And to give my sweet husband a break from carrying ALL of the emotional weight that goes along with this ride.
Faith and Family just posted a blog here about infertility.
They want to know what those of us struggling with infertility need from those who are not. How can they comfort us? What is the best thing to say to people are in the throws of this difficult journey?
While we certainly understand that they are entitled to be happy/tired/frustrated about pregnancy/parenting, we also need sensitivity and compassion as we walk our journey. We are entitled to be scared/angry/frustrated about infertility. Where is the balance? How does it work?
I totally believe that women should feel free to be totally overjoyed about their pregnancies-my pain shouldn’t diminish her joy, but is about being sensitive to each other in our different situations.
So, what say you? Thoughts?
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi! Welcome to blog land! :) Speaking as a fertile, I have to say that I think communication is key! I have loved getting to know all the women on the blogs struggling with infertility, and I have learned so much about being sensitive to the feelings of others. It has made me a better person, and when my kids are wearing me out, I am much more likely to stifle a complaint and offer it up for all the women out there still waiting.
ReplyDeleteIf we can better understand how our words and actions affect the feelings of others, then we are far better off!
Also, there is no use in comparing crosses because Christ gives us strength according to what we have to carry, and supporting our sisters in Christ as a community to help each other bear the load is what Christ calls us to do!
We are all on our own journey in faith, and as we come to understand each other better we are better equipped to spread the love of Christ! :)
I'm wondering this same thing right now. In fact, I'm thinking about e-mailing some friends to let them know how much infertility hurts so that maybe they'll be more sensitive (I put the e-mail up on my blog for feedback, because I'm so concerned about this). But at the same time, they're entitled to share the joys and struggles of their own vocation.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to think more about this today and hopefully write again with something insightful!