Oh, Holy Week…I am so very glad that you are finally here!
I won’t lie, I feel like I am one of the few Catholic IF ladies that is still standing in the midst of holy week. So many of our bloggie ladies in this Catholic IF land are embracing their Easter already, and for that we all have to rejoice! I mean, we all join this little community praying that we each get to crossover into the land of motherhood- it would stink if we all stayed IF forever! I am so excited for each of you, but also what it means for the rest of us- that God is faithful to answering prayers!
I was thinking about the image of us all being part of a huge ship, all sailing in the infertile waters. And while our original ship was once full of passengers, it seems as if many have jumped that ship and settled into a new one. We are all still sailing on those same waters, just in different boats. I will gladly jump this ship as soon as God allows it, but I do hate the thought of leaving others behind.
Mr. H and I have been talking a lot about what in the world (not in those nice words) God is trying to teach us with all of this. I am so very tired from running this race…emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I have had a few people tell me that infertility is one of their greatest fears, yeah…me too. But, I don’t have any other choice then to keep going.
We came to the realization that God has to be the Lord of every aspect of our life- including our fertility (even if it meant taking more kids then we had planned!). I don’t think that means you just sit back and enjoy the ride- no, I think that God allows us (and wants us) to take an active part in all of this, but that ultimately He must be the Lord of everything.
I realized that the last few years have been about God being the Lord of my life and me being the Lord of my reproductive life. And, we all know, you can’t be both servant and master. He has to be the Lord of all of it, or else He isn’t the Lord of any of it. This probably doesn’t make sense- I am rambling!
Anyways- we have committed to trying to allow him to be the Lord of it all, including the building of our family. That does not mean that infertility will not continue to hurt like hell, it doesn’t mean that the smile on my face when people talk about “trying soon for a baby” or “when the next one comes” will no longer be hiding my breaking heart. No, it just means that I am trying to accept this cross until it can be traded in for my crown. I know that the pain of the cross will make the joy of the crown that much more beautiful (and appreciated!).
I am trying to meditate on the words of this song (sung by the beautiful Aud.rey Assa.d no less!), which say “Heal my heart and make it clean, Open up my eyes to the things unseen.”
I know that God promises something far more beautiful for each of us than we could have ever imagined, so I am trying to trust in that promise.
I know that God promises something far more beautiful for each of us than we could have ever imagined, so I am trying to trust in that promise.
Our Easter is on its way!


You're not alone! Praying your Holy Week is blessed and Easter season full of joy.
ReplyDeleteI'm still in that boat also! Praying that those remaining will be blessed soon and in the meantime we are given strength, courage and confidence to trust in Him.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you!!!
I have to tell you, Mrs. H, I know this is an incredibly difficult time of your life, but wow, what a blessing you are to all of us amidst your trials. God bless you! I am praying for you this week. May He be Lord of our everything!
ReplyDeleteThere are people like me who are new to the IF ship. It gives me hope to see that many have embraced their Easter. And I know God will definitely lead us to that joyful day sooner or later. Praying for you and hoping that he strengthens all of us...
ReplyDeleteOh how I hope and pray so much for you. I know those feelings of suffering, for they are very close and dear to my heart. They taught me a whole lot about my relationship with Christ. They had me needing him more in my life than ever. I pray so much that you experience this need too and that you soon cross over to the other side. Hugs around your sweet neck friend. Please hang in there;) You are blessed. Something Faith Makes Things Possible taught me to pray was simple yet so meaningful. It was "God fill my empty womb."
ReplyDeleteI'm still standing with you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Resurrection Day!
You are loved and being prayed for :)
ReplyDeleteCling to the image of the Lord on the throne and your fertility at His feet. He loves you so much for your suffering.
So well written and oh so true. Although no longer childless, I am still infertile (10 years now) and still feel the pain of an empty womb.
ReplyDeleteI feel like God has healed my heart so much and am so thankful for the blessing of our daughter through adoption. I am totally and completely in love with her. There is much joy in receiving the crown after 9 years of the cross of childlessness.
I feel selfish because I am still resentful about my infertility. I feel broken. I want to be well. I am caught between hoping for healing and having peace that it may never come.
I hope and pray for you to have your Easter moment soon!
I loved your words on this post- so beautiful and eloquent. And you definitely are not alone. I'm still in the boat with you as are others, but I agree it feels like those in the boat are getting less and less.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've been having a not-so-hot day, so I was reading Psalms, and I was comforted by this: "Find your delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desire." Psalm 37:4. You certainly delight in the Lord, so I have faith it's just a matter of time!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Your favorite work out buddy
P.S. I was signed into something from a long time ago when I tried to post this before, and I thought it was going to go away when I deleted it. No such luck haha