Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Response from Dr. Hilgers!

It has only been three weeks and I already have my response from Dr. Hilgers! I was shoc.ked. At first I was nervous that I wasn't charting properly and that I would open it, only to find- "Sorry, try again."


So, the letter gave a lengthy list of possible issues and an even lengthier (is that even a word?) list of tests/procedures that I need to have run. I know that many of you have received letters just like this, so please give me your thoughts.


Where do I even begin? HELP! You old NaPro pros- please give me some advice.


I am going to call the office today and talk to one of his nurses, but I thought you guys might be able to give me more insight.


Do I start running tests here in my hometown? Do I do everything there? How much does it cost overall? I know that they don't accept our insurance, so how does that work? Everything out of pocket ?...eek.


Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Now, if I could just find someone who is independently wealthy to help us foot the bill, we would be good! Do you think it would be tacky to have a bake sale? (obviously I am joking!...kinda)




Happy Easter Tuesday to you all!


And, a very Happy Birthday to my Mr. H- I am so lucky to have you!

5 comments:

  1. So great that you got a response so quickly! I did the hormone profile at a local hospital that would ship the blood to PPVI. He has to run the tests in his lab, so it must be shipped. But if you can't find a lab that will ship it (and many don't at least here in IL) I know some women shipped it themselves. Not sure how to do that. As for the costs, I have no idea how it works without insurance. But I'm sure many women do it that way and work it out. So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you girl!! My husband and I are in training to become NFP teachers, and we just read a bit about NaPro and Dr. Hilgers last night. So great to hear they're so responsive!!

    And I'm totally in for the bake sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the hormone profile at a local hospital that shipped the blood to PPVI. The Lap, HSG, etc. were done at PPVI when we went out for a week. US series was done at PPVI, too. They aren't in network for us either. I ended up signing our insurance checks (insurance would send us the money they were willing to reimburse for out of network) and I signed them over and mailed directly to PPVI. I also had to send a regular check with the left over costs. Email me if you want any more info. kate m romero at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't much about the insurance, but overall this is GREAT news! I am happy they got back to you so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm new to your blog. (love the design btw!)

    That is amazing that you heard back from Dr. H so quickly!

    Definitely do the blood tests in your hometown--hopefully you can do at a lab that is covered by your insurance. Wheelbarrow Rider did a really nice summary of shipping blood to PPVI yourself: http://tool4god-myjourneywithgod.blogspot.com/2010/01/update-and-tips-for-anyone-doing-blood.html

    You can also talk to the billing department at PPVI for an estimate of the total cost of ultrasounds, selective HSG, and surgery.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete