Monday, April 11, 2011

A Good and Faithful Servant

Grandpa J passed away this evening. His death was peaceful and he had his wife of 63 years by his side, which is exactly as he would have wanted. 
Mr. Henderson and I were able to spend a few hours with him last night and had the opportunity to pray with him for a little bit. I am again reminded of how precious the gift of a goodbye.
Thank you for all of the prayers over the last few weeks. We are all relieved that he is no longer suffering. I am sure he was greeted with the words "Well done, good and faithful servant."

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for you. How wonderful that you and Mr. were willing to spend that precious time with him. You will treasure those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful long life he had. And to have his bride by his side, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this made me cry. 63 years and she got to be there right by his side..Beautiful! I just pray for his sweet wife...I know she will miss him. So sorry for this sweet loss in your lives. I just prayed for y'all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete