1.
When I was 17 and a senior in high school, I had a major crush on a tall, skinny sophomore. I used to force my girlfriends to drive by his house on a regular basis just to see if we (ok, if I) could catch a glimpse of him. (Scary Stalker, anyone?)
This brought on a great amount of teasing from said friends, but I don't know if it was the drive-by's or the fact that he was so much younger.
I guess it all worked itself out!
2.
When I was hope on a break from college, I invited him out with me and a few of my friends. He stood me up. I still have him apologizing about it to this day.
3.
We spent several months hanging out together before he asked me on a "real date". When he did, I was a little nervous and even made my sister R help me pick out an outfit (what am I, 5?).
We haven't been apart since.
4.
He proposed to me after a year of dating on the side of the highway in Alabama while we were stuck in a rainstorm.
(Would that make our song "Sweet Home Alabama"?)
5.
I thought that January 12th, 2008 would be the single most joyful day of my life. While it was one of the best, it seems to have only gotten better since then.
6.
He wakes me up every morning with a cup of coffee in hand (while reminding me to take my temp).
7.
He introduced me to Words.with.friends on our iPh.one and he is probably sorry he did. Not just because I am a fierce player, but because now instead of sitting and watching television together, I make him sit and play against me.
8.
He leaves me post it notes when he goes away on business- in the medicine cabinet, under my pillow, in the coffee container (since I have to make my own coffee when he is gone. Poor me.)
9.
He is the most caring and patient man I have ever met. Ever. He is clearly the man that God handpicked for me and I don't know of another man who could put up with the level of crazy that I exhibit on a daily basis.
10.
I am the luckiest. Period.
Tell us 10 interesting facts about you and your better half--either in the comments or over on your own blog!


This is really sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Emily! I am so blessed.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! Happy Wednesday to you!
You are so cute I can't stand it. Tell me you're coming to Boston with Rachel. And if not, it's not too late!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt makes me so happy to know how happy y'all are together :) I stumbled upon your blog from your sister's blog and I've really enjoyed keeping up with you guys through it. It's great to have very specific things to be praying for y'all about. Give your hubs a give hug for me :)
ReplyDeletesweet & blessed!
ReplyDeletepax Christi - lena
(i'm here via betty beguiles.)
#8. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS! You are truly blessed! What a great guy. What do we do to deserve these amazing men, right? So sweet!
ReplyDeleteI KNEW YOU WERE SPECIAL!!! You were proposed to in my state...ALABAMA:) Yay! And the fact that he did it so casually (on the side of the road in the rain) is probably my fav part! There was no need for spectacular plans for the idea was spectacular enough! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing how happy you are when you write about your dh:) What a blessing!
Thanks for sharing your list! I played along, too. Pop on over for a visit! www.threesidedwheel.wordpress.com
ReplyDeleteyou guys....love you bunches:)
ReplyDeleteThank you guys for your sweet comments! We are so very blessed!
ReplyDeleteawww I love this!!! :) What a beautiful relationship!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely couple! #6 is just adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI thought #5 was funny b/c I say the same thing to engaged couples all the time. It's so true! Your wedding day is awesome, fun, etc....but it's not the best day of your life. Those come after words! Love you girl. Call me soon, bummed about this week. Your in my prayers! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteKit