This is my word for this next year of my life.
I have been dreading this day for months now, mostly because I have felt like I haven’t even started to accomplish the dream I had for my life. I know this sounds crazy, but welcome to my heart. One of my best friends told me last night that I just needed to embrace my life and I believe she is totally right. I told her that my word for this year had already been decided upon- embrace.
I want to embrace where God has me standing right now. While it may seem like the pit of hell right now, I see the fruits that come from it on a daily basis (not always clearly, but they are there!).
I want to embrace the great things that God HAS given me - an unbelievable husband, a wonderful family, and some great friends (not to mention my amazing blogosphere of support). He provides for all of my needs, so I really shouldn’t complain.
I want to embrace whatever God has for me in this next year of life, because I know that it is far better than I could imagine.
My birthday wish- that this year I might also embrace my first born (a girl can dream! There is an intention for my prayer buddy! )
Mom and Dad- Thank you for the gift of life. Your openness to life not only gave me life, but also gave me seven of the most wonderful gifts in my life.
Prayer buddy- I am sending special prayers your way this day, that the Lord would abundantly bless you.

I will definitely pray for you! I know I don't know you personally, and have only been follwing your blog for a little bit, but embrace can be a hard thing because it means embracing ANYTHING...I once had this experience that shook me, I just had been in a place that made me feel the reality of evil...when explaining to my sister she said, well, you heart is SO wide open to the goodness of God, that other things are able to creep in.
ReplyDeleteI will pray you only have to embrace the goodness of God in the coming year!
Embrace is such a spiritually mature word... I always think about abandoning myself to God's will, but the Christian thing to do is really embrace it. What a great thought to pray about. I will be praying that your wish is fufilled! Happy Feast Day and Birthday!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
ReplyDelete