I wanted to give you guys a quick update on life and beg you all for prayers (I feel so selfish that I am always begging for prayers).
To make a long and very complicated story a little bit shorter, our adoption with little man is in jeopardy.
Basically, the details of who his birth mother actually is (name, age, everything) have just emerged in the last few weeks and have caused upheaval with the entire case.
The baby and I have been living with friends in the state of his birth, waiting on answers from the court, since the beginning of July. There have already been two hearings in the case, both of which didn't get us any closer to heading home, and we are now awaiting a third hearing at the end of this month. The thing that breaks my heart is that they want to take the baby from us and place him in foster care - the mother isn't even allowed to have the baby.
I have not put my son to sleep in his crib at our home, been able to bring him to Mass with my husband at our home parish, or even bring him to a meal with our families - it has been the longest and hardest two months of my life. My husband has been flying in to see us every weekend and has now been able to stay with me the last two weeks and work remotely (thank God for understanding bosses!).
You know, getting the unexpected call about this precious baby months ago, we entered into this journey with our new family motto :"If God calls, we go. Regardless of the outcome". I will be the first to admit that the outcome seemed so much easier at that time, but I am still resolved to live this out.
This baby has been the most precious gift that God has given my husband and I. While it has been incredibly difficult to be so far from family and friends, during what should be the most joyful time of my life, it has still been such a gift - I have no other word to describe it. This is has been such a messy and scary time for us, but my word, has it been beautiful.
So, if you have a few prayers to spare, would you please storm heaven with us? That God's will be done in this situation (I obviously hope God's will is our will, but ultimately I really just want God's will).
Thank you all so very much and I promise to keep you all posted.
"Listen, all of Judah! The LORD says to you: 'Do not fear or lose heart at the sight of this vast multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's." ~ 2 Chronicles 20:15

Oh wow! Definitely praying that things get resolved in the courts and you can bring your little one home!!
ReplyDeleteYou bet! Prayers for sure!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I will definitely be praying!!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea all this was happening-I've been a bad blogger. Praying for you and the whole situation!
ReplyDeleteCan't even imagine what you're going through! I'll pray for you!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and for that sweet baby.
ReplyDeleteI cannot even imagine! Prayers of course.
ReplyDeletePrayers for you, my friend!
ReplyDeletePraying, Praying, Praying!!!
ReplyDeleteHow scary and upsetting that there is such turmoil around your little boy getting to live with you!!! I will be praying for a great outcome for you and that Gods will be that your little boy stays with you. I am so so sorry you have so much stress right now.
I had NO idea that you were going through this. I hope and pray that your son stays with you every day for the rest of his life!!
ReplyDeleteUgh. This has to be such a frustrating process for you. I am sorry. I pray that you get some great news soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't have class today, so I think I'll take a little trip to the adoration chapel for some extra prayers as a study break. That God will make a way for Judah to come home where he belongs, and for peace for you, because I know you're scared. You're an incredible mama! Although I've not seen you in action, I always knew you would be! I love you a whole lot!
ReplyDelete"The LORD, your God, is in your midst,
a mighty savior,
Who will rejoice over you with gladness,
and renew you in his love,
Who will sing joyfully because of you"
Zephaniah 3:17
"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.
Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you."
Philippians 4:6-9
Praying for you always. This baby deserves you in his life, and God put you together for a reason. I really believe that. I pray daily that you are his forever family.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely praying.
ReplyDeleteKris sent me here, and she said it best. I am praying for a miracle. So many prayers...
ReplyDeleteFor any blog readers who would like to join their family and friends in praying a novena for Mr. and Mrs. Henderson and baby J, send me an email at memcmanu@g.cofc.edu, and I will get you the information. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying, I am so sorry to hear this, Joanna.
ReplyDeleteI found you through Grace Patton and will definitely keep you and your sweet family in my prayers! XOXO I'm so sorry for your heartache and hope this resolves quickly in your favor!
ReplyDeletePrayers for you all. God bless!
ReplyDeleteThinking about you today and am wondering how this all turned out?
ReplyDelete