Monday, July 25, 2011

Stagnant, no more.

The blog world seems so quiet these days! Where is everyone?
I know that I am guilty of a stagnant blog, so I gotta get with it!!

First off, thank you all for your prayers for my precious friend,C. I know the prayers are what carried her through last week and will continue to carry her through the upcoming months. My heart breaks for her- I can't even imagine.

Life in the south these days is H-O-T! Holy, moly...sweltering. If only one really could sweat their butt off...I would be in good shape!

As I said a few posts ago, I am not going back to teaching next year. This decision, made through a lot of thought and prayer, has brought me a lot of tears the last few weeks, especially as I think about all my co-workers going and getting their classrooms ready, but I know that it will all be for good. I will still be helping out with youth group each week, so I will still be connected into parish life.

I found a new job that has been wonderful to me, and most importantly, I get to work from home. This means that I can do my full hormone series next month (totally not doable for me as a teacher!) and head out to Omaha for surgery with Dr. H in the fall! I am still praying that all the money falls into place. I will save that topic for another post.

So the twist to all of this, I am actually going to head to Omaha in October and go through the first phase of the Practitioner program. My plan is to get certified to become a Creighton Practitioner for my deanery here (we currently only have one Practitioner) and be able to bring this amazing tool back to other women in our area. I am excited to see where God leads me with all of this. I am hoping that my cross has lead me down this path to bring other people hope (and possibly a baby or ten for me?).

So, how about you all? Are you all alive? I miss you guys!

7 comments:

  1. So glad your back to blogging again Mrs. H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting the Practitioner program. That is very exciting! Good luck with your upcoming hormone panel and surgery! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here!! You know I love your blog!!! :) Can't wait to talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're parishioners at Holy Cross and have a wonderful friend who is trained in Creighton and Marquette. So glad you are going through the program - we need so many more people!! Prayers for all you are facing this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers from Atlanta for those ten babies and for your journey to becoming a practitioner. We have a great Creighton instructor here who has blessed us immensely but she is beyond swamped. You are embarking on an even greater life of service! As a faithful blog stalker, I had hoped to be in Augusta this weekend and thought I might run into you and your big sis at Fr. Tim's going away party. Sadly we can't make it down! Keep writing. I love love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOMAN THIS IS HUGE!!!! I'm so excited for you:) Both about going out to Omaha soon and becoming a practitioner. You will be so wonderful with that. I have a friend who is doing here blood series right now and will hopefully go out to Omaha in Oct. If so, you two will have to meet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know when you go to Omaha--I am only a few hours away!!

    ReplyDelete